Friday, February 22, 2008

House Arrest

I've been trying to have a baby for a while now and early this month, my hubby and I finally decided to go for IVF (well, actually, we had no choice because my ovaries were highly stimulated from too much hormonal injections) Anyway, before i digress further, I was advised by my doctor that I needed to go on complete bed rest for two weeks after the procedure until I find out whether or not I did get pregnant. What this means is that I can't go up and down the stairs, I can't go out of the house, I can't leave my room and I'm supposed to be lying in bed as much as possible and I have to have injections every single day for 14 days. Now, the first two days were okay, I got to loll around in bed and watch DVD from sun up to sun down. My food was brought up to me and I didn't have to do anything at all. But after one week, I think I'm going a little insane from sheer boredom. I've managed to finish all my DVDs, I've scrapped a little, I've read a little, been solving a lot of puzzles, surfed a little but now I am going a little crazy. Now, this was supposed to be my dream life before, sit around the house and do nothing the whole day but I find that I'm really not cut out for this type of life. Maybe one or two days is fine but more than that...argghhh I cannot take this anymore. And to think that I'm not even sure that I'm pregnant yet. So essentially, what this means is that if I don't get pregnant, I did this all for nothing! So I really really hope that I am preggy already but so far I don't have any of the symptoms (I know this sounds weird but when i wake up in the mornings, sometimes, I wished that I had morning sickness). I can't wait for that stick to turn blue and I can't wait to see the downstairs of the house again. I'm even looking forward to going back to work. Anyway, I've been blogging for more than 30 minutes already, which means???? I need to get back in bed and stare at the ceiling some more. tata...

No comments: