Sunday, June 29, 2008

Cut and Paste Scrapper

I'm a big lurker when it comes to scrappers' blogs or any blog for that matter since every person is interesting in his or her own way but I digress. One thing I notice about scrappers is that they would usually blog about what type of scrapper they are... eclectic, classical, simple, freestyle or whatever other adjective is floating around there. And it got me to thinking (which i try to avoid doing as much as possible on account of laziness, hahaha!), what kind of a scrapper am I? When I look at my pages, I noticed that they are not too complicated to make (considering I can make a layout in less than an hour if really pressed or when I'm really sleepy and just want to finish the darn thing!), but they're not really the clean, classical type either. I think I'm more the cut and paster type of scrapbooker (okay, okay! I admit there really isn't a category like this, I just invented it myself, so sue me! lol). When I say cut and paste, I literally mean that. I have no concept of pre planning a page (however much I pretend to). Unlike some other scrapper who have visions of how a paper or a picture or an embellishment will be used or those that can follow a sketch or even make their own sketch, I can't do any of that. I usually start by positioning my pictures (I'm a multiphoto scrapper) on a patterned paper (randomly chosen, usually just by matching colors of the shirts in the photos with some color on the pp, hahaha!). I reposition and reposition but I just can't visualize the whole thing. So, enter the "cut" part! I just cut off the top, the bottom or the sides of the photos. Usually this works out for the best but there are times when I cut off too much so I end up including the cut off part by repasting it beside the photo (I know I can actually reprint the photo, but, that's gonna take way too long, and if I think I have the patience to do that, I'm just deluding myself! hahahaha). Next I try to reposition the cut photos on the pp but its so darn hard to find the correct position. Now, we enter "paste" phase (hey, that rhymes!) where I just paste the photos at whatever position it's at (when my patience has come to an end, hahaha). Often, with some additional tweaking here and there, I'm pretty please with what I have. There ya go...the cut and paster :) Happy scrapping!

No comments: